07th April 2021 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz launches photo contest to celebrate its 125th anniversary!
Meyer Optik Görlitz has launched its own photo competition. Until the end of May, participants can submit photographs taken with lenses from the Meyer universe and win attractive prizes.
12th March 2021 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz Primoplan 58 f1.9 II available!
Meyer Optik Görlitz is expanding its Primoplan portfolio with the Primoplan 58 f1.9 II. In addition to the very successful Primoplan 75 f1.9 II, the second lens in this series is now available in the usual Meyer Optik mount versions.
14. January 2021 ▪ OPC Optics & Pfeiffer Präzisionsoptik join forces
OPC Optical Precision Components Europe GmbH and PPO Pfeiffer Präzisionsoptik GmbH are going joint ways since 1st January 2021, thus consolidating the foundations of both locations.
30. November 2020 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz Primoplan 75 f1.9 II available!
With Primoplan 75 f1.9 II, a true legend returns to the portfolio of Meyer Optik Görlitz today.
28. September 2020 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50 f2.8 II available!
Like the two lenses already published, the optical design of the Trioplan 50 f2.8 II has been significantly optimized.
24. August 2020 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz Lydith 30 f3.5 II available!
The new Lydith 30 f3.5 II comes with a completely new mechanical design and revised optical design. With the Lydith 30 f3.5 II, OPC Optics now releases one of the sharpest and highest-contrast lenses of Meyer Optiks historical portfolio.
16. June 2020 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan f2.8 100 II available!
The Trioplan 100 f2.8 II is now available being the first revised historical lens from Meyer Optik Görlitz after the takeover of the traditional brand by the optics specialist OPC from Bad Kreuznach.
25. February 2020 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz - the legendary brand will be part of Photokina 2020
After the brand acquisition at the end of 2018 and an extensive reorganization, new versions of the historic lenses and future visions will be presented at Photokina 2020 in Cologne.
30. July 2019 ▪ Renewal of the Meyer Optik Görlitz portfolio on schedule
Meyer Optik is pushing the revision and optimization of its existing portfolio and has already completed its first projects. The developments are thus on schedule and the first Meyer Optik lenses developed and produced by OPC will be available in late summer 2019.
04. June 2019 ▪ OPC Optics now distributor for RICOM products in Europe
OPC Optics is now the exclusive distributor for RICOM products in Europe. With this partnership, OPC Optics expands its current portfolio, consisting of the production of optical components and the Meyer Optik photo lenses (successfully acquired at the end of 2018) by a wide range of optics in the B2B area.
27. February 2019 ▪ Successful start to the year for Meyer Optik Görlitz
Since the press release on the brand takeover in mid-December 2018, some time has already been taken into the country, but since then the time has been used intensively to analyse the existing situation, work out optimisations and carefully plan and implement the next steps.
12. December 2018 ▪ Meyer Optik Görlitz revived after insolvency by OPC Optics
OPC Optical Precision Components Europe GmbH based in Bad Kreuznach acquires the trademark rights to Meyer Optik Görlitz from the insolvent net SE and SEMI Verwaltung GmbH respectively. With the takeover of Meyer Optik Görlitz, the specialist for aspherical and spherical glass lenses now also opens up the consumer market for itself.